Monday, November 12, 2007

Juror's Talk & Award!

Yesterday I attended the Juror's Talk at the Sanchez Art Center's Bay Area Annual exhibition that I am in. The juror was René de Guzman, Senior Curator at the Oakland Museum.

It was really interesting to hear René speak about where his thoughts are right now from a curatorial standpoint. I thought the show was really strong and what was great (and unexpected) was for the artists who attended to present their work to the group and answer questions or listen to comments. What a great opportunity to be able to present my work to Mr. de Guzman in person!

Additionally, since this was the first time I had seen the show, it was a nice surprise to discover that "American Girl" had received one of the five Juror's Awards.

To read a little more about the show go to the Art Guild of Pacifica's website (they are housed in the Sanchez Art Center) and check out their newsletter, Dirty Palette.