Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Updates

Oops, July got away from me and I realized I haven't posted to my blog since the beginning of the month so here is an update of all the current happenings and upcoming events!

The exhibition, Dangerous Women, opened at DFN gallery in New York last week. You can see all the work in the exhibition on their website as well as more information.

Jack the Pelican Presents had my work at Scope Hamptons this past weekend.

My show at Galerie Schuster in Frankfurt has been extended until August 30, 2008. There was also a short article in the Frankfurt newspaper (Frankfurter Neue Presse) for those who speak German.

Well known art critic, Kenneth Baker, selected one of my photographs for the upcoming Realities and Illusions exhibition at the Marin MOCA. Show dates are August 23 -September 21, 2008.

My photograph, Snowbound, was selected by Julie Saul (Director of Julie Saul Gallery in NYC) for inclusion in The Photo Review 2008 Competition issue which should be published by late October. It also received an honorable mention and thus will be shown in an exhibition this fall at Philadelphia's University of the Arts Gallery with other winners from the competition.

I was selected as a finalist in Photographer's Forum magazine's 28th Annual Spring Photography Contest. Winners will be selected by mid August but over 3000 photographers around the world entered the competition and as a finalist my work will be published in their Best of Photography Annual 2008 later this year. UPDATE 8/22/08: My work won Honorable Mention and so I will also be listed in the Nov/Winter 2008 issue of Photographer's Forum magazine.

I was invited to participate in an auction in NYC this Fall to benefit the Children's Cancer & Blood Foundation. The auction will take place at Phillips de Pury & Company on September 15.

And finally, I did manage to visit the Frida Kahlo show at SFMOMA last week which is a fabulous show if you like her work, although it was rather crowded even with timed tickets. There is also a really good exhibition of contemporary chinese art & I also enjoyed the Lee Miller exhibition --so a good time to visit the museum!