Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Iceland 2010


Shooting at Jökulsárlón


Old Lava


New Ash


Ash pollution from the recent volcano


Blue-Eyed Beauty


Nature Baths near Mývatn


Glacial Ice

After many months of anticipation (and then intense scrutiny of the volcano which decided to stop 6 days before my journey began), I had an amazing trip to take photographs in Iceland. The diverse, surreal, spectacular country was everything that I had hoped for.

I am really excited about the photographs I took and the ideas I have to incorporate them into my work about girls. Above is a sneak peek of a few of the things I saw. (click on each image for a slightly larger view)

2 comments:

Jonathan Blaustein said...

Looks like a great trip. Can't wait to see more photos...

jb

Deborah Hamon said...

Thanks JB! I am deep in idea/edit mode right now..stay tuned!